.... Club History ....
....Do you own a 4wd ....
.... Do you enjoy getting away from everyday life ....
.... Do you enjoy the company of like minded people ....
.... Do you enjoy exploring new places and trying new things ....
Or perhaps you would like to know how to operate your 4wd correctly.
If you answered YES to any of the above, then the Gladstone & District 4wd Club could be for you!!We cater for all types of four wheel drives ( new/old, hardcore or family runabout ).It doesn't matter whether you have owned a four-wheel drive all your life or have just invested in one, we have something to offer you.
We organise regular day, weekend & extended trips to parts of this great country you may not have realised existed.We also have trained members who will assist you in getting the most out of your four-wheel drive vehicle.
As a Club we are aware of the environment we use for recreation, and are safety conscious when in that environment. We follow the mantra of leaving only footprints/tyre tracks and taking only photographs.
In previous years the club has been involved with Coastcare and have cleaned up the beach from opposite the Boyne Smelter up to Lilley's Beach. This coincided with Clean-up Australia Day. The club was also involved with and assisted the Smelter in their efforts with tree planting in the buffer zone between the Industry and the beach.
We maintain membership of The Four Wheel Drive Association Queensland (4WD Qld) which oversees all the clubs in Queensland, who in turn are members of the National Council of Four Wheel Drive Clubs in Australia. The association is always there to give advice and guidance on a host of topics and advice if we need it and also associated with the Australian Tread Lightly Campaign.
Overall, we are an active club, environmentally and safety conscious and out there and having fun!!
.... Contact Details ....
If you would like to find out more information about our Club and what it has to offer you, please contact us using one of the following:
Address: Gladstone & District 4WD Club Inc.
P.O. Box 736
Gladstone Qld 4680
President: Scott Sweeney
Facebook: Gladstone & District 4wd Club
.... Membership Details ....
12 MONTH MEMBERSHIP - $50 per adult $35 per pensioner/Health Care Card holder/not working and on a low income
There are many ways in which you can become a member of our club:
- You may want to come along on one of our Club organised or Social Trips to get a feel of the Club and to see if you think its for you!
- At any of our Monthly General Meetings, held at the Gladstone Library in Goondoon Street, on the SECOND Wednesday of every month (from March to July 2017) starting at 7pm, where you can meet some of our Members and Committee to ask any questions you may have and get a feel for what the Club is about
- Join up on our Facebook Page - Gladstone & District 4wd Club Inc., where you will be able to interact with many 4wd enthusiasts who are both Financial Members or just Facebook Page Members. Here you can get prompt responses to any questions. In the FILES section in the top MENU BAR you will find the 'current' MEMBERSHIP FORM ... download this document, fill it out, scan it into your computer and email it through to our Club Email. Payment can be made at any Westpac Bank branch or via Internet Banking, using the details on the Membership Form (please use your name as reference and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we know you have paid.. Alternatively you can bring money to a General Meeting and pay or contact the President, Secretary or Treasurer and arrange for you to hand deliver your Membership money directly to one of them. Committee Members can be contacted via our Club Email or Club Facebook Page.
- Join up by downloading a 2018 Membership Form Once filled out, email to our Club Email and make payment 'as above'.
- Once a child has their own licence and is still keen on participating in Club drives and events, we encourage them to take on their own Club Membership.